You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Start new report here Reposition report here
Back to all reports

Blocked drain on corner of south avenue Radcliffe on Trent

Reported via mobile in the Flooding/drainage (NH) category anonymously at 15:41, Thursday 21 March 2024

Sent to National Highways less than a minute later. FixMyStreet ref: 5749209.

I have reported this issue for over a year now it’s starting to become a major problem when it rains and the drain is blocked soon as it rains it floods and the splash’s on to the front of our house which can be stressful at night when we’re trying to go sleep or in the day when you walking on the path because you get splashed because the water was no where to go due to the drain be blocked I spoke to workmen on Wednesday who were clearing the drains on the other side of the room and they said they would alert the other crew to come sort it out and it has still not been sorted and starting to become a nuisance when it rains due to the speed of cars and hgv passing and then water being thrown towards our house to the point it sounds like someone is throwing a brick at the house due to sheer force of the water please can this be sorted immediately as I know your currently doing works on the section of the A52 further down the road or I’ll be contacting my local mp

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for making your report. We have asked our inspection team to attend this location and assess the issue.

    If any work is needed, they will arrange for this to happen. Should no immediate work be required we will continue to monitor this during our regular inspections.

    Although we always aim to complete repairs as quickly as possible, timescales do vary as we try to minimise disruption to customers by combining activities into single closures and always ensuring the safety of our people. Please note any immediate flooding issues please contact 0300 123 5000

    Kind regards National Highways

    State changed to: Internal referral

    Posted by National Highways at 15:33, Thursday 4 April 2024

This report is now closed to updates from the public. You can make a new report in the same location.